Estimated Arrival: Between Feb 11 and Feb 16. *ETA to Canada Only
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping Canada wide for All Orders Over $99!
MAKERBOT LABS GEN 2 EXPERIMENTAL EXTRUDER TRANSFORMS METHOD 3D PRINTER INTO AN OPEN MATERIALS PLATFORM
Unlock your method with MakerBot Labs Gen 2 Experimental Extruder and print with UNLIMITED MATERIALS.
New MakerBot LABS Gen 2 Experimental Extruder Enables 3D Printing of Third-Party Engineering Materials
Makerbot LABS GEN 2 EXPERIMENTAL EXTRUDER FOR METHOD FEATURES
- Compatible With Method Series: Take advantage of the 110°C heated chambers of METHOD X and tap the strength and durability benefits of polycarbonate in three versions - Polymaker PC-PBT, Polymaker Polymax PC-FR, and Polymaker PolyLite PC
- Upgraded Components: MakerBot LABS GEN 2 Experimental Extruder allows you to print more abrasive 3rd-party composites and polymers for longer thanks to upgraded hardened steel components.
- Unlock An Open Material Platform: The MakerBot LABS Experimental Extruder for METHOD is your key to unlocking a world of third party 3D printing materials on your METHOD and METHOD X
- Easy, Functional Use: Easily swap between optimized MakerBot materials for guaranteed dimensional accuracy and optimized strength and the Experimental Extruder for unlimited material freedom.
Easy Installation: In order to install, you must be running the latest METHOD Firmware.
1). Switch between the extruder in extruder slot 1 and insert the LABS extruder in its place.
2). Your METHOD will ask you to calibrate the extruders, make sure both extruder nozzles are 100% clean to ensure accurate calibration.
- Explore The Possibilities: Tap your innovative spirit and explore new 3D printing applications. Experiment with a wide range of materials and properties to realize your ideas
- Unlimited Materials: Print third-party materials on an industrial 3D printing platform with modular hardware and advanced print settings. Including ABS-KEVLAR,ABS-ESD,ABS EC,ABS CF,PETG CF
The MakerBot LABS Gen 2 Experimental Extruder for METHOD is an experimental product and not covered under MakerCare or warranty.
MakerBot METHOD had engineered purpose-built tool heads for different material groups and applications, easily swappable in seconds, and no tools required. Get the best prints in a range of over 20+ materials with the MakerBot METHOD professional 3D printing platform.
With the number of third-party composites available on the market today, MakerBot decided to optimize the MakerBot LABS GEN 2 Experimental Extruder for some of the most abrasive materials available - like Carbon Fiber and ESD composites. Now you can print more composites and polymers with confidence.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
- 1 MakerBot LABS Gen 2 Experimental Extruder with the Modified Thermal Core
- 1 Spare Nozzle Tube Assembly
- 1 Spare Extruder PTFE Tube
- 1 L-Key for Nozzle Set Screw Removal
- 1 Nozzle Removal Tool
- 1 Aux Port PTFE Tube
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
I am interested in using the Maker Bot to print with Dupont pellets. if I get the experimental extruder with the $4800 machine will it enable using the engineering resin pellets?
You could if you build a filament extruder. But from the description I've seen it is implied that the material needs to be on a filament roll and of an appropriate diameter.
Are replacement nozzles available from 3D Printernational? They are on the MakerBot site as part no. 900-0068A
Please reach out to us a firstname.lastname@example.org